Courtesy of the Automotive Service Association
The following simple and inexpensive preventive checks will greatly extend the life of the vehicle, ensure safer operation and even benefit the environment.
Always consult your owner's manual for individual service schedules because maintenance requirements vary by manufacturer.
- Always consult your owner's manual, but a good rule of thumb is to have the oil filter changed regularly - every 3,000 to 4,000 miles.
- Have all fluids checked, including brake, power steering, transmission/transaxle, windshield washer solvent and antifreeze. These fluids play a large role in the safety and performance of the vehicle.
- Check tire inflation. Under-inflated tires can result in a loss of fuel efficiency. This is the least expensive form of preventive and safety maintenance. Tires should be checked once a month.
- Keep your engine tuned. A fouled spark plug or plugged/restricted fuel injector can reduce fuel efficiency by as much as 30 percent.
- Have the chassis lubricated frequently. This step extends the life of the moving components of the vehicle's suspension system.
- Check battery cables and posts for corrosion and clean them as needed. The battery fluid also should be checked and filled if it is low, unless it is a maintenance-free battery.
- Have the lighting system checked frequently, including headlights, turn signals, and brake and taillights.
- Check windshield washer blades for cracks, tears and windshield contact. Replace them at least once a year, or sooner if streaking begins.
- Inspect engine belts regularly. Worn belts will affect the engine performance. Look for cracks and missing sections or segments.
- Have the air filtration system checked frequently. The air filter should be checked every other oil change for clogging or damage. This system ensures that the vehicle is performing at its peak condition.
Discover More About Maintenance and Repair Services At Rillito Automotive in Tucson
General Auto Repair Services
Inspections & Emissions
What People Say About Us
Love these guys! They are so efficient as well as honest and trustworthy. Highly recommend!
Rillito is my go to mechanics shop. They KNOW what they're doing, and they love their work. More importantly, I love their work, customer service, and Saturday hours. They have money saving tips, they check out used cars I've considered buying and saved me from some disasters! They also do on-site alignments and U-haul rentals. Did I mention they're also a bunch of really nice guys, too?
I have used Rillito for several years and found them outstanding. I feel they are an honest and give a straight deal as to what you need or don't need done on your car. I have enough confidence in them that my entire family use them. It is nice to know they are not trying to take advantage of their customers especially when you may not know a lot about the inner working of your vehicles now a days.
This shop rocks, they have 8 lifts, the waiting area is comfortable, and they do only top quality work. When I called in about both my rear and sliding doors locking up on my Chevy Astro, Tony was very understanding and offered an honest quote. When I came to pick it up (same day I might add) I couldn't help but notice they were working on a bright yellow Lotus. Jason my tech went above and beyond making sure the workmanship made the operation buttery smooth. I will definitely be returning!
We were on a road trip back from California to Texas and ran something over that busted our gas tank and exhaust pipe. Not being from here, we had no idea what to do. A kind worker found us a hotel and drove us there. Such hospitality, made a terrible event a little better.
Tony services all of our vehicles and does a great job!
Give him a call for all your automotive needs.